Service One Credit Union is Serious about Sustainability! Our “Green Addition” on Campbell Lane was built toward the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Designation
striving for the Platinum Level.
Click here to view our Campbell Lane “Green” Addition Brochure.
Click here to view a slideshow of the "Green" additions.
Come take a tour of our “Green” Addition. To schedule a tour, please call 800.759.8500.
SOCU is a proud sponsor and partner of the Drive to a Million aluminum can recycling program Business Partnership. This partnership helps build a stronger community by helping connect
our businesses to our schools through recycling. All aluminum cans recycled through the partnership are donated to our local schools. SOCU is proud to support local education while helping
create a more sustainable future.
Service One Credit Union also participates in the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business in Education program. SOCU is proud to sponsor Richardsville Elementary
through this partnership.
Everyday Tips for Going Green:
- Enroll in Home Branch, on-line bill pay and E-Statements. Completing transactions online and receiving your statement electronically, saves time, money and saves valuable resources.
- Get registered to stop junk mail. This helps reduce paper waste.
- Set your printer up to go duplex! – Configure your home or office printer to print on both sides of the page, saving paper and money.
- Purchase a re-usable, recyclable bag and use it when shopping. This helps keep plastic bags out of landfills.
- Shop at farmer’s markets – Support local agriculture and reduce the impact of product transportation.
- Use rechargeable batteries! – Help reduce pollution from the chemical substances used inside disposable batteries.
- Use nontoxic cleaning agents– Clean your home with household ingredients, such as lemon, vinegar and baking soda.
- Freshen the air – Instead of using commercial air fresheners, ventilate your home by opening windows or doors, or boil cinnamon and cloves for a pleasant, more natural aroma.
- Ditch the pesticides – Plant mint around your home to repel flies, or plant basil to repel both flies and mosquitoes.
- Use pet-friendly toys – Try a wool ball, fleece mouse, hemp flying disc or rope tug and delight your furry friend.
- Walk, run or bike. Not driving just once a week cuts back on fuel and emissions.
- Turn off the lights when not in use or when you leave the room.
- Save energy at home - Buy Energy Star appliances. Click here for more information.
Safeguard the Environment
According to the EPA, recycling one ton of paper SAVES:
3.3 cubic yards of landfill space
360 gallons of water
100 gallons of gasoline
60 pounds of air pollutants and
10,041 kilowatts of electricity