TITLE: Savings Officer Part-time (Approximately 20-25 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Is responsible for promptly recognizing the member, determining the nature of his/her request, and providing exceptional front-line member service.
1. Accurately completes transaction requests for members or refers member to the appropriate staff member.
2. Balances all cash, check and transfer items issued and received according to established policies and procedures.
3. Assists members with basic account maintenance, automatic payments, share draft orders, or other requests.
4. Assists with the processing of mail or night depository items.
5. Performs such duties as may be required from time to time for the overall management and operation of the Credit Union.
Requires a complete knowledge of savings, depository, withdrawal and transfer policies and procedures. The ability to accurately handle cash and a large volume of transactions is necessary. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office and in the use of the core processing platform. Good communication skills, mental alertness, punctuality, dependability, neatness in appearance, and a cooperative, courteous attitude toward members and other employees are also requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds.
Requires some education up to the equivalent of a four year high school education with experience in a similar or related area. Fluency in Spanish a plus.