Service One Credit Union is Serious about Sustainability! Our “Green Addition” on Campbell Lane was built toward the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Designation striving for the Platinum Level.
everyday tips for going green
- Enroll in Home Branch, On-Line Bill Pay and E-Statements. Completing transactions online and receiving your statement electronically saves time, money and valuable resources.
- Register to stop junk mail to reduce paper waste.
- Set your printer to go duplex! Configure your home or office printer to print on both sides of the page, saving paper and money.
- Purchase a re-usable, recyclable bag and use it when shopping. This helps keep plastic bags out of landfills.
- Shop at farmer’s markets. Support local agriculture and reduce the impact of product transportation.
- Use rechargeable batteries! Help reduce pollution from the chemical substances used inside disposable batteries.
- Use nontoxic cleaning agents. Clean your home with household ingredients, such as lemon, vinegar and baking soda.
- Freshen the air. Instead of using commercial air fresheners, ventilate your home by opening windows or doors, or boil cinnamon and cloves for a pleasant, more natural aroma.
- Ditch the pesticides. Plant mint around your home to repel flies, or plant basil to repel both flies and mosquitoes.
- Use pet-friendly toys. Try a wool ball, fleece mouse, hemp flying disc or rope tug and delight your furry friend.
- Walk, run or bike. Not driving just once a week cuts back on fuel and emissions.
- Turn off the lights when not in use or when you leave the room.
- Save energy at home. Buy Energy Star appliances.
safeguard the environment
According to the EPA, recycling one ton of paper SAVES: 17 trees 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space 360 gallons of water 100 gallons of gasoline 60 pounds of air pollutants and 10,041 kilowatts of electricity