The mission of Service One Credit Union is to improve our members’ financial well-being through personal relationships and innovative solutions. Please check below for opportunities to be a part of the Service One team.
equal employment opportunity
Service One Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Service One Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President/CFO
SUPERVISES: Electronic Services Operations
Serves as the primary general ledger accountant. Is responsible for the daily accounting of the Electronic Services Operations. Supervises the Electronic Services personnel. Completes timely reports as assigned to internal, outside, and regulatory sources.
1. Oversees daily processes of the Electronic Services Department, ensures that daily files are properly posted and reconciled, and that programs are in balance.
2. Reconciles the Corporate One account and other Credit Union accounts at various financial institutions.
3. Reconciles the Shared Branching suspense account. Resolves any settlement errors and coordinates with other credit unions as necessary.
4. Prepares monthly financial statements and reviews variances.
5. Reconciles Overdraft Privilege Program and prepares month-end reports.
6. Completes assigned tax reporting.
7. Prepares quarterly reports to external supervisory agencies.
8. Assists with the month-end close.
9. Reconciles investments, posting adjusting journal entries, accruing interest, and preparing monthly reports.
10. Reconciles business loan participations, records monthly payments, accrues interest, and amortizes deferred origination fees.
11. Assists with balancing and reconciling other assigned general ledger accounts.
12. Knowledgeable of all products and services offered by the Credit Union.
13. Performs such other duties as may be required from time to time for the overall management and operation of the Credit Union.
Requires a thorough working knowledge of accrual accounting and generally accepted accounting principles. Requires knowledge of share draft, ATM, ACH, and debit card processing regulations and procedures to be acquired. Requires proficiency in current versions of Microsoft Office Suite and the use of a credit union or other computer-based accounting systems. Accuracy, organizational skills, and the ability to uniformly direct the activity of subordinates are necessary in order to meet required deadlines. Mental alertness, neatness in appearance, punctuality, dependability, and a cooperative attitude towards members and other employees are also requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and three years of related accounting experience.
*** Please upload a copy of your current resume along with application.
Is responsible for promptly recognizing the member, determining the nature of his/her request, and providing exceptional front-line member service.
1. Accurately completes transaction requests for members or refers member to the appropriate staff member.
2. Balances all cash, check and transfer items issued and received according to established policies and procedures.
3. Assists members with basic account maintenance, automatic payments, share draft orders, or other requests.
4. Assists with the processing of mail or night depository items.
5. Performs such duties as may be required from time to time for the overall management and operation of the Credit Union.
6. Will work Saturdays at the Campbell Lane Office as required.
Requires a complete knowledge of savings, depository, withdrawal and transfer policies and procedures. The ability to accurately handle cash and a large volume of transactions is necessary. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office and in the use of the core processing platform. Good communication skills, mental alertness, punctuality, dependability, neatness in appearance, and a cooperative, courteous attitude toward members and other employees are also requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand and walk. The associate must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds.
Requires some education up to the equivalent of a four year high school education with experience in a similar or related area.
***Please upload a current copy of your resume in addition to the application.