Skip to main content
- Western Kentucky State College Credit Union, Inc. chartered with $580.00.
- Product offerings included share accounts and loans.
1969 – 1975
- Minutes show name as Western Kentucky University Credit Union, Inc.
- Credit Union moved from Grise Hall to Faculty House. First phone line installed.
- Certificates and revolving lines of credit offered.
- Joined the Kentucky Credit Union League.
December 31, 1975
1976 – 1980
- Valerie C. Brown hired in 1978 as Manager. Leah J. Eckley hired as part-time bookkeeper in 1979.
- Product line expanded to include Holiday Club Accounts, Travelers’ Cheques, Money Orders and Share Drafts.
December 31, 1980
1981 – 1985
- Added IRA Accounts, ATM cards, Home Equity Loans, credit cards, E.A.S.Y. Accounts, and Young Savers Accounts.
- Moved from WKU Faculty House to Garrett Conference Center. Opened branch on Scottsville Road.
December 31, 1985
1986 – 1990
- Built branch on Campbell Lane, 1987.
- Established a branch location in Glasgow, 1989.
- Offered Top-of-the-Class Club for members age 50 and over.
December 31, 1990
1991 – 1995
- Introduced Home Improvement Loan Program, Phone-A-Loan, Visa® Gold Program, One Call Audio Response and Risk-Priced Lending.
- Changed name to Service One Credit Union in June, 1992.
December 31, 1995
1996 – 2003
- Established “One Stop” Auto Indirect Lending Program.
- Launched website. Joined Alliance One ATM Network
- Opened fourth branch on the ByPass in 1999.
- Established a WKU scholarship endowment for members in 2001.
December 31, 2003
2004 – 2010
- Opened new Campus Branch on College Heights in 2005.
- Implemented the Overdraft Privilege Program.
- Added Bill Pay and electronic statement delivery.
- Completed the Campbell Lane “Green Addition” in 2009.
December 31, 2010
2011 – 2012
- Introduced Shared Branching in 2012.
- Launched Mobile Banking
December 31, 2012
- Celebrated 50th Anniversary in 2013.
- Introduced SOCU Tracker money management tool.
- Launched My Deposit Mobile, enabling checks to be deposited through Service One’s mobile app.
December 31, 2013
2014 – Present
- Launched a new brand, with an updated logo and a fresh look at Service One products and services.
- Introduced e-Signature services for loans.
- Enhanced online Bill Pay through Home Branch, allowing free Account to Account electronic transfers along with other convenient transfer services.
- Increased scholarships offered to WKU students, by awarding $2,000 in scholarships to high school seniors enrolled in WKU.
- Added K-12 Teacher Supply Grants, in order to help teachers purchase classroom items.
- Expanded scholarship offerings to include WKU Study Abroad opportunities.
December 31, 2015