Mortgage Loan Relief
We are here to help you with your mortgage.
Are you impacted by Coronavirus?
If you have been impacted financially by the Coronavirus, you may qualify for monthly mortgage payment assistance options, such as a forbearance plan. A forbearance is a temporary suspension of your monthly payments. During the forbearance period, your payments are suspended for a set period of time. However, if you are able to make partial payments, it will reduce the amount due at the end of the forbearance period.
To qualify for forbearance, you must be directly impacted by COVID-19 and no more than 30-days past due at execution of the assistance plan. Examples of impact include but are not limited to:
At least one of the following must be provided and approved:
- Loss of job/income
- Termination letter from employer
- Documentation showing receipt of unemployment benefit
- Reduction of hours/income
- Temporary job loss
- Two most recent paystubs showing hours worked, gross pay and year-to-date earnings
- Off work for medical reasons associated to COVID-19
Qualified borrowers are eligible for a 180-day forbearance of their mortgage or installment home equity loan payments. Forbearance options include:
*Important Note: Full payment forbearance may result in a large payment increase at the next scheduled escrow analysis due to the lack of payments to escrow during the 180-day forbearance period.
At the end of the forbearance period, you will have two options for paying the mortgage account current.
Late Fees/Credit Reporting
The credit union will waive all late fees accrued during forbearance and credit reporting will show that the loan was affected by a natural or declared disaster. Late fees prior to forbearance will not be waived.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting a form request. Please only submit the form ONE TIME.
You will receive a phone call from a member of the Lending Support team to discuss payment options typically within five business days of submitting the form.
Please know that submission of the form does not guarantee eligibility to be placed on the mortgage assistance plan. Eligibility may also be dependent on other guidelines and loan status along with potentially requiring you to submit additional documentation prior to approval.
Please help us by being patient!
We expect to experience very heavy call volumes and wait times during this time as we work with those experiencing financial hardships due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. The quickest way for us to assist you is by submitting the online form one time only. We sincerely thank you for your patience and ask that you allow us the time to handle your request.
In light of the financial hardships faced by many Kentucky homeowners due to the DOVID-19 pandemic, Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) is reactivating its Unemployment Bridge Program for a limited time, effective immediately. KHC has funding available to help approximately 1,500 homeowners with this program. More information is provided here: KHC Program.
Thank you, we appreciate your membership!
- Full payment forbearance – make no payments for up to 180 days
- Partial payment forbearance – make only the escrow portion of the payment during the 180-day forbearance period
- Full reinstatement: Pay the full amount of all principal, interest and escrow payments accrued during the forbearance period.
- Payment Deferral: Deferment of suspended or past due principal and interest payments as a non-interest bearing balance, due and payable at maturity of the mortgage loan, or earlier upon the sale or transfer of the property, refinance of the mortgage loan or payoff of the unpaid principal balance and any unpaid fees.