Director of Education and Associate Development
|TITLE:||Director of Education and Associate Development|
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Vice President – Chief Operations Officer|
This role is accountable for developing, designing and delivering adult educational and training programs, leadership development programs, and professional development programs, across the Credit Union and ensuring the success of member experience initiatives. This role will collaborate closely with team members across the organization, as well as external vendors, to create an exceptional learning experience for all associates of the Credit Union.
Responsibilities include: providing an excellent on-boarding experience for new associates; providing adult classroom training that includes, but is not limited to the associates job duties, ensuring associates product knowledge leads to productive outcomes; writing and editing training instructional or procedural communications; developing job aids based on current credit union regulations and operational processes; and teaching the elements of the Credit Union’s member experience and related expected behaviors. The role includes development and management of the Mystery Shop Program for the purpose of measuring successful application of the Credit Union’s educational programs; and development and teaching initiatives that include leader and professional development programs, e-learning, self-paced learning, webinars, seminars, and various associate training initiatives.
- Design, develop and deliver an “agile” New Associate Onboarding Program to include activities and various educational methodologies for new associates during their first 90 days and follow-up processes/tools for the associate and the associate’s manager on performance during the first 180 days. Deliver any remedial training and/or education that is required during the new associate’s first year.
- Lead the design, development and implementation/delivery of programs, policies and procedures in support of the training & organizational development strategies. Evaluate programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
- Train and educate associates in an adult classroom setting which includes courses on product knowledge, member experience, member engagement, teamwork, email and telephone etiquette, conversational selling, lobby management, coaching, leading, counseling, and behavioral expectations; measuring the effectiveness of the training.
- Develop and manage the Credit Union’s Member Experience Program which includes a Mystery Shop program for the purpose of measuring the quality of training and the application of key elements by our associates.
- Develop curriculum for the purpose of implementing professional development plans and activities that address identified training and educational needs.
- Collaborate with department leaders on development activities (webinars/seminars/activities/leader lead trainings) that are aligned with associate and Credit Union needs.
- Develop and drive innovative manager development programs including new manager training, online resources, toolkits, coaching and mentorship programs.
- In collaboration with senior leaders, designs, facilitates and champions culture development, member satisfaction, and member loyalty programs.
- Deliver management and leadership educational programs, tools and processes in the disciplines of performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, coaching, development planning, and technical competency identification to meet current and future Credit Union needs.
- Identify and develop Credit Union or individual learning initiatives that cost-effectively focus associate development toward achievement of both Credit Union and personal career goals.
- Conduct training needs assessment, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill requirements.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established policies and procedures.
- Research latest development in management, leadership and organization development areas and keep abreast to serve as a subject matter expert and consult with the EVP/COO regarding critical people issues.
- Manage third-party training & organizational development service providers to support the above initiatives.
- Prepare with EVP/COO budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Manage the training calendar and the scheduling of all Credit Union and professional development training sessions.
- Perform administrative duties in conjunction with the Credit Union’s information systems for managing training & organizational development data and training modules.
- Manage the application, tracking and reporting of all training and educational initiatives.
- Performs such duties from time to time for the overall management and operations of the Credit Union.
- Proven expertise, current techniques and procedures in curriculum design, development and instruction.
- Ability to consult with leaders to assess Credit Union needs and deliver programs to meet those needs.
- Detail oriented and able to execute initiatives quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of personalities and styles to ensure excellence in training curriculum execution.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal capacity, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Must be competent and comfortable using latest technology and learning management systems.
- Excellent computer (Microsoft office) and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage budget and educational activities in collaboration with associates and management.
- Ability to implement policy and procedures.
- Ability to interpret various training related and other Credit Union data.
- Considerable knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
- Ability to develop long term goals and objectives.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning, development and establishment of new, modified and/or improved programs.
- Ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently with limited supervision.
- High energy individual with a willingness to be flexible and creative, with a demonstrated ability to lead and energize multiple inter-disciplinary associate work teams to respond to educational, training, and development needs that get results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods of time. The associate must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Teachers Certificate or Project/Program Management Certification preferred.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a learning and development role. At least 2 years’ experience leading, coaching, or training and/or delivery of high energy training sessions in an adult classroom environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and classroom delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, program design, facilitation, and delivery.
- Vendor management, budget/financial management and contracting experience.
Benefits include: Paid Time off (PTO) and paid Holidays. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Life, AD&D and LTD insurance and a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). We have a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan. Tuition reimbursement is available.