|REPORTS TO:||Senior Vice President/CFO|
Is responsible for assisting with general ledger accounting and back-office operations. Completes timely reports as assigned to internal, outside, and regulatory sources.
- Ensures that various general ledger accounts are balanced and reconciled. Resolves outstanding reconciling items.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate verification and approval prior to payment. Processes invoices for payment.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and vendor files.
- Maintains fixed asset and prepaid expense records, prepares monthly reports, and updates monthly accounting entries.
- Prepares daily official check wire. Collects all official check vouchers, verifying them for accuracy, reconciling totals to the general ledger and check reconciliation, and sends them for archival. Prepares check file for the IT Department for transmission to MoneyGram.
- Reconciles daily the primary corporate Credit Union account and monthly other accounts maintained at various financial institutions.
- Reports credit life and disability payments to CUNA Mutual Group.
- Records daily credit card settlements and reconciles associated suspense accounts.
- Ensures that the member trial balance reconciles to the general ledger.
- Ensures that cash drawer report reconciles to the general ledger and that cash suspense accounts have no ending balance.
- Initiates corporate wire transfers for the CFO, as necessary, for funds management purposes.
- Reports money order sales to MoneyGram.
- Assists with the month-end close by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly reports that amortize Dealer Direct Program incentives.
- Assists with information gathering for month-end and quarter-end reports. Prepares quarterly report to Federal Home Loan Bank.
- Serves as a backup for the Senior Accountant and for some Electronic Service Operations functions.
- Balances and summarizes the daily cash letter processing for the Credit Union.
- Closes share draft accounts that are not a part of the ODP program, where overdraft abuses occur. Notifies member of action taken.
- Prints and mails One Call, interest, IRA, periodic account transfer and HomeBranch checks. Verifies large checks with the member.
- Performs such duties from time to time for the overall management and operations of the Credit Union.
Requires a thorough working knowledge of accrual accounting and generally accepted accounting principles. Requires proficiency in current versions of Microsoft Office and in the use of credit union or other financial systems. Accuracy and organizational skills are necessary in order to meet required deadlines. Mental alertness, neatness in appearance, punctuality, dependability, and a cooperative attitude towards members and other associates are also requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand and walk. The associate must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds.
Requires education equivalent to four years of college and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Requires three years of similar or related experience. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Normal business hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Benefits include Paid Time off and paid Holidays. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance. We offer Life, AD&D and LTD insurance as well as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). We also have a 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan. Tuition reimbursement is available.