Stay up to date with news and events! Check out our recent newsletters, videos, and add us via social media.
Service One was featured by Card Rates for our Community Service. Check it out here!
Here are Top 10 Fraud Alert Tips:
- Never click on links in emails. If you want to shop at a site, enter that site address in your browser. There are thousands of fake sites that look almost identical to the real thing. Don't fall for evil-twin shopping sites.
- Don't open attachments with special offers. It's a classic scam. The offer should be in the email and you should be able to see it right away.
- Watch for malicious ads and popups. Do not click on ads that sound too good to be true, and ignore popups that might propose the "best deal ever".
- Beware of e-skimmers. This is a new one. Do you know bad guys sometimes skim your credit card at gas stations or ATMs? Well, there is a new flavor of that, the shopping website you order from might be infected with an "e-skimmer" and they steal your card data when you check out. You can prevent that by using PayPal or Amazon.
- Use a credit card to buy stuff online if possible. NEVER use a debit card to make online purchases but use that debit card to take out cash only.
- Do not shop over public Wi-Fi. You simply do not know if it's secure and who is listening. Only shop using a secure, trusted network. If you have no other way to shop, use a VPN which encrypts your traffic.
- Be very careful when you see a free offer. There is an explosion of all kinds of survey fraud and gift card scams.
- Do not re-use any of your passwords. Instead, use a password manager to create hard-to-break passwords. Re-using any password is literally an invitation to get hacked.
- Keep a close eye on your credit card and bank accounts. If unexpected and strange charges appear on your card, it could very well be the first sign your card or even your whole identity has been stolen. If you think you might have been scammed, stay calm and call your credit card company, nix that card and get a new one.
- Be especially suspicious of gift card scams. They can be a perfect gift, but gift card scams are skyrocketing. Only buy gift cards from trusted sources.
Also, DO NOT respond to SMS text messages as well as voice calls, even if they appear to come from the credit union. Please call the credit union using a reliable phone number to question any SMS text messages or voice calls purportedly from the credit union. Never provide personal information in response to text messages and phone calls. Please call us if you have any questions.
Remember to stay alert when you shop online! Think Before You Click!
If you need assistance, please call us immediately at (800)759-8500.
The Sharing and Caring Squad would like to give a shout-out to our volunteers for their help with Shred Day.
On Saturday, Sept 14, We shredded and recycled 5,000 pounds of paper saving 45 mature trees, 1,000 gallons of oil, 18,000 gallons of water and eight cubic yards of landfill space. The total amount raised at this event was $865.01 to benefit the Center for Courageous Kids. Service One will supplement this amount and give CCK a check for $1,000.
We appreciate our volunteers! Thank you for your help to Make it Happen for this awesome charity!
Designed to Fit Your Needs
Every member has a unique lifestyle and we understand that sometimes there are extra expenses. You may need help getting some extra money.
The process is easy so you don’t have to turn to high-interest credit cards or payday loans. Lifestyle Loans are designed to fit your need, whether it’s for an unexpected life event or something more. Lifestyle Loans are ideal for a variety of items.
Products & Services News
In a world that is moving faster every day, we are committed to delivering solutions that are in line with the way you, our members, live and work today and in the future - financial services at the "speed of life."
We are bringing you smarter technology that offers more control for you with enhanced products and services with more flexibility. They are designed to give YOU, our members, an even stronger foundation for your financial well-being and simplify the way you bank.
Service One Newsletters
Curious about what is going on with Service One? Our newsletters are available online for your convenience!